Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Freezer Jam


After going to the church farm & picking peaches, I needed something to do with all the peaches. Canning is something that's always intimidated me. I think it's because my mom never did it. Then my sister let me in on a little secret. "Freezer Jam" This stuff is amazing. We made Peach/Rasberry Jam & it was so easy & so darn delicious. We made 8 batches, 4 each. Now we have enough to last for atleast a year. I may even give some away as gifts. Here's the recipe. I know no one reads my blog but me, but oh well! (we did 4 batches @ a time. so that's what this recipe calls for)

8 cups peach puree

5 cups rasberries, bosineberries, or blackberries (or any combination)

4 packages of pectin

18 cups of sugar

1 cup lemon juice

4 cups light corn syrup


mix together fruit & lemon juice first

slowly stir in pectin

let stand 30 min stirring ever 5 min

slowly mix in corn syrup

slowly mix in sugar

stir until sugar is dissolved

put into containers (we used tupperware because they stack well)

put lids on & let sit for 24hrs

put 1 container in the fridge & store the rest in the freezer. Jam will last about a month in the fridge & 1yr in freezer. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to request one of those gifts. That looks SO good. 2 of my favorite jam flavors mixed into 1. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a deal. You just have to come visit and I will give you some!

    ReplyDelete